Thursday, August 31, 2017

The Release

I stared into his grim eyes
Signalling me to follow him
So uncompromising and firm
For, it was already time.


My to-do list flashed in my mind
I saw it trashed in his eyes
He grasped my hand tight
For, it was already time.

I turned and glanced back
And saw a lifetime pass by
Filled with love, hope and dreams
But, it was already time.

Unfinished stood enormous tasks
Greatness for which I aspired
On my shoulders rested duties prime
But, it was already time!

My pleas fell into deaf ears
He didn't falter or break his stride
I begged for just a little more time
But, it was already time.

I claim you for my own
Your only true love am I
What you lust for is just grime
He said, it is now my time.

He took me in his arms so strong
Kissed me deep and for long
Setting me free of all bonds
To a land where time mattered no long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...