Thursday, November 23, 2017

From Several Million Square Feet Above

I waited in my car,
stuck in a traffic jam,
thoughts about life flowing
more freely than the cars.

Towards pain and suffering,
my thoughts drifted.
Why did it happen?
Was God indifferent?

Suddenly I was there no more
But caught myself floating in air.
A new perspective I got
And then there was nothing anymore

For I was gazing at
a million bright stars.
Deafening silence,
and no tears or scars

Where did my earth go
with its billion people?
Only a speck in space
Smaller than a dust particle!

Is this how it was for Him?
Because He was not near?
But would He be God
if He could not hear?

I returned just as suddenly
and wondered why it was said
that He was not far away
but resides in each of us!

If He was so close
Then was it this, O dear,
that he hears and speaks
but it is we who do not hear?

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...